SURESEARCH-Service Users in Research and Education-started in 2000.
It is a midlands network of people who have used and/or survived mental health services and their allies-mental health workers, academics, carers. It has a membership of over 100 and an office at the University of Birmingham, Edgbaston.
SURESEARCH aims to promote service user involvement in mental health education, training and research by:
- Educating and influencing mental health educators, trainers and researchers;
- Providing training, opportunities and support for service users to use their expertise and experience in education and research.
The experts by experience in our network offer a rich resource of knowledge and skills through:
- Contributing to the mental health education and training of doctors, nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers and support workers at qualifying and post qualifying levels.
- Undertaking research, independently and in collaboration
- Advising researchers and research students in the mental health field,
- Membership of professional advisory groups and service user organisations;
- Contributing to arts events and festivals to promote mental wellbeing and awareness.